Things to do in Sacramento
View our list of things to do in Sacramento below. Located just seven miles from Downtown Sacramento, Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento Airport offers simple and easy access to all of the sights like the Sacramento Zoo, Arden Fair Mall, California State University Sacramento, California State Capitol Museum, Gold Rush History Museum, and the California State Railroad Museum.
Have a little fun and take in college and professional sports action and star-studded concerts all year round. Sleep Train Arena hosts 200 events each year, including concerts and family entertainment. Our Sacramento Airport hotel offers the best location when traveling in and out of Sacramento.
- Sacramento International Airport - The gateway to Northern California destinations and major cities across the United States (and the world), Sacramento International Airport is located only 12 miles from downtown Sacramento.
- Old Sacramento - Set within the time of the California Gold Rush and the Transcontinental Railroad, Old Sacramento is bustling with shopping, dining, entertainment, historical attractions, and world-renowned museums.
- Sleep Train Arena - With nearly 200 spectator events per year, Sleep Train Arena is one of the top venues in Northern California for sports, entertainment, and special events. The arena hosts sporting events games, ice shows, and some of the biggest names in entertainment today.
- Raley's Field - Nestled along the Sacramento River in West Sacramento, this ballpark is the perfect place to catch a summer ballgame. With six venues to choose from, Raley Field has been the host to numerous concerts, community celebrations, festivals, and private events.
- Sacramento Zoo - Located just south of Downtown Sacramento, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 140 native, rare, and endangered species.
- California State University, Sacramento - Sacramento State lies on a beautiful 300-acre campus, with lush landscaping and 3,000 trees. Miles of trails stretch along the nearby American River Parkway, linking the campus to downtown Sacramento. With a multicultural student body of 29,000, the Sacramento State Hornets have lots to cheer about.
- Arden Fair Mall - Featuring 165 stores including Nordstrom, Macy's, JC Penney and Sears, Arden Fair meets all your shopping needs. The mall is conveniently located just off Capitol City Freeway at Arden Way and minutes from downtown Sacramento.
- California State Capitol Museum - With daily public tours, the California State Capitol Museums allows visitors to experience the best of California's past and present. The building serves as both a museum and the state's working seat of government.